Sorry there was no Friday Faves last week. My kids and I all came down with colds and my poor baby got it the worst so that pretty much took over my life last week. Thankfully, we are all feeling better and other than it being ridiculously hot, this week has been a really good one.
- My husband has been on vacation this week and it has been so nice to have lots of family time and just to have him home in general since he works such long hours. Also, we’ve been able to get lots of home projects done that we have been wanting to do for awhile.
- I am participating in Wonder Week but I haven’t been very active on social media this week because of my husband being home. I have been able to read 3 books and I’m really hoping I will finish my fourth book today.
- I had a really good week for my blog. You all have been so supportive of me and my blog and I am truly grateful for every view, like, retweet and comment that I get. I’m happy to be a part of this community in my teeny tiny part of the internet.
- This week I was also nominated for two blog awards!! I’m hoping next week I will get both those posts up. It’s such a fun way to recognize other bloggers and I can’t wait to pay it forward.
- I also read one of my favorite books of the year this week. My Audrey by Sophie Kinsella was such a funny and well done book. I laughed out loud so many times while reading it.
- This morning we finally got the call that my 5 year old was finally accepted into our regular elementary school. It is a public school but there are a lot of people where I live so he was waitlisted. It was hard for Spencer, my 7 month old, to nap because we were constantly dropping off or picking up at one school or the other because they are on different time schedules. I’m so relieved that they will be at the same school at the same time!
- Since I wasn’t able to blog a lot in August I have a lot of content and ideas for next month so here’s hoping that I am able to get it all out. Especially reviews, I’m ridiculously behind on them.
I hope you all had a great week and I hope September is productive and amazing for you!
This week has been so busy that I haven’t had a chance to get much blogging done. I only had one post (besides this one) go up this week. I’m almost done with a review for an ARC I received so hopefully that will be up tomorrow. Please bear with me as I figure out a new routine now that my older boys are back in school.
- Wednesday was the first day of school and it was so much fun seeing how excited my kids were and hearing all about their day.
- I didn’t have time to write any posts this week but I did plan out my next 10 posts.
- My husband surprised me with another book case which was so thoughtful and it’s a smaller one that fits all my little paperbacks perfectly.
- My one post this week that I did get up I was so happy with because I love the idea of telling you all my most anticipated books for the month. I think it’s another way for you to get to know me and my taste in books better.
- I got a couple of books in the mail from Amazon this week that I can’t wait to read. I actually have a huge stack of books that I want to read asap but I keep adding to it so it’s just getting longer haha #readerproblems #bookbuyingproblems
I hope your week was more productive than mine, although I do keep three humans alive and thriving while my husband works crazy hours, so I guess I’m always being productive lol Let me know some of your faves in the comments!
This week went by so fast. I hope you all had a great week as well! This was our last full week of summer vacation and we spent it lounging around at home and hanging out at the park.
- The most exciting thing to happen to me this week was that two publishers got in contact with me about reviewing books. I’m so thankful for the opportunity to be able to share my thoughts about both with you all.
- The weather has been perfect all week long. My absolute favorite weather is low to mid 80’s and that is what is has been here( I live in the California). I feel like I’m always in an amazing mood when the weather is so nice.
- Going along with favorite thing number 1, I have been getting approved for quite a few ARCS on Netgalley. So thank you Netgalley and publishers for that.
- I’m really enjoying spending as much time with all my boys before school starts next week. My mama heart is the happiest when I’m surrounded by my little people. Even though some of them aren’t that little anymore haha
- I finished 3 books this week and I would love to finish 2 more in the next couple of days.
- I have been staying a day ahead when it come to blog posts, except for today’s, I want these Friday Fave posts to be as authentic as possible. It has really allowed me to take my time with each post and I found that I have missed writing after all these years out of school. Which, I never realized when I was younger, but 31 is 13 years out of school!!! When I think of my age like that, I definitely feel old haha
Let me know some of your faves from this week. Also, what is the weather like where you live?
Another weekend is about to start which is always so exciting and fun. Since school starts in the middle of the month, I have been letting my older boys decide how we spend each day and majority of the time they have picked staying home and having a pajama day. So, we have been keeping things pretty relaxing before the hectic school routine starts again.
- My husband had Wednesday off of work which was such an awesome break in the middle of the week.
- While he was home, my hubby took our 5 year old to see Despicable Me 3 and the humongous smiles Hunter had when they got back made me so happy.
- I will probably only finish two books this week but I am really into the stories of both.
- Yesterday I ordered a book that I am excited to share with you guys.
- This weekend I will be unhauling some books at the thrift store, which also means I might as well browse their book section while I’m there.
- Also this weekend, my husband, Will, is going to help me rearrange our room, including our bookshelves. They have gotten so disorganized so I’m really looking forward to organizing them and making them look pretty.
I hope you all had a great week. What are some of your favorites from the week?
I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite things from my week. This will also be an easy way for you all to get a glimpse into my non bookish life.
- I started my blog this week! I’m loving this community and I already have a huge list of books I’ve learned about from fellow bloggers.
- My baby cut his fourth tooth haha #momlife
- I’m participating in my first readathon. I’ve quickly fallen behind where I need to be to complete all the booktubeathon reading challenges but for my first time I’m just happy to be participating lol
- It hasn’t happened yet but tomorrow we are having a beach day which is a favorite place for all 5 of us.
- Today my older boys and I went to see the Captain Underpants movie and while it was definitely not a movie that I liked, it was fun to see how much my boys enjoyed it.
What are some of your favorites from the week?