Hey everyone! Today I will be wrapping up the five goals I had for myself going into 2021 and then sharing what I hope to accomplish in 2022 reading and blog wise.
2021 Goals Update
- My first goal of last year was to be more intentional with the physical books that I purchase and I definitely think I accomplished that. I buy most of my books through my Kindle so I’m a bit more choosy when it comes to physical books.
- This one was a complete fail. I wanted to read my Book of the Month books when I get them and I think that only happened twice this year.
- My third goal was to try to blog everyday and I was hit or miss with it. Although, this was largely due to my health and mental health so I’m not upset that I didn’t meet this goal.
- I had a reading goal to read 100 books and I way surpassed this. I wanted to read less so I could craft more but I discovered a love for audiobooks this year so I feel like this was successful all around. I’m currently at 142 books read but I will definitely be closer to 150 by the end of the year.
- My last goal was to respond to comments and I feel like I was semi successful at this. I did respond back to comments but sometimes it was weeks later.
Next year will be a bit different for me starting in August when my youngest goes to Kindergarten so I will have some more uninterrupted time starting then. I may also be taking part in a clinical drug trial for a medicine to prevent relapses of my MOG disease which has many benefits but also has the risk of not working which would throw my whole year off. Currently, the medicine I’m on makes me immune comprised which is obviously not great with the current state of the world and so it would be amazing if this new drug worked. So basically, what I’m trying to say is, that I don’t really know what 2022 has in store for me but I have high hopes it will be a good one for me as well as all of you!
- Read 140 books. I have consistently read more than this the last few years so I would like to do the same next year.
- I would like to go back to my first hauls from when I started my blog and make sure that I’m actually reading the books I’m purchasing.
- Although I would love for 2022 be the year where I catch up on all my Netgalley reads. I won’t be able to read all of them but I would like it be much more manageable.
- I want to get a lot better at reading the blogs that I follow. I love reading other people’s content and I used to be so much better at reading posts frequently. I need to figure out a good routine for doing that again in 2022.
And that’s my short amount of goals for the new year. I don’t want to put too many expectations on myself since I want to mainly focus on my health and my family. Not only will my youngest be starting school but my oldest will become a teenager which is so hard to believe.