I’m back for the first time in practically a month to do another Stitching Saturday post. I have quite a few projects to update you on and a few new starts. I found out in late July that there is an event in the cross stitch world called “arbitrary August” which means everything you work on is randomly chosen for you. Well, I already do that everyday since I use the tiny decisions app every morning to figure out what I’m going to focus on for the day. But I was inspired after watching Needlecraft Dani to throw in some randomly chosen starts during August. Since I work on both knitting and cross stitch I decided that I would get to have a new start after I worked on my cross stitch projects three times. So the morning after my third cross stitch project I spin a wheel comprised of most of the charts that I currently own and have a new start.
My six month old kitten, Simba, decided to “help” me take the pictures for this post and I don’t take the best pictures usually but these were taken as quick as possible since he was very interested in putting everything in his mouth. I will include a picture of him at the end so you can see how beautiful he is! Since it has been so long since I posted one of these I will only be sharing pictures of my progress unless I have something that I want to share with you about it.
I ran out of a yarn I needed for the blanket I’m knitting in the mornings so I made this my morning project after I finished Spooky House (which I will share next week) and I worked on this until I received the yarn in the mail.
Every time this one comes up it is always a day with hardly any time for stitching.
I decided to restart this one since I last shared it. I was originally stitching it on a 10 count fabric and I wasn’t enjoying stitching on it or the way it was looking. I’m now stitching it on a 14ct Aida and I’m liking it a lot more.
This project never photographs well. The fabric is a bright blue and the colors are all more vibrant than it shows up.
This is my new knitting start for August and it took me a while to figure out what yarn I wanted to use for this one. I decided to go with an oatmeal Lettlopi yarn and I can’t wait to actually start this.
I am doing each block as an ornament and I’m almost done with the first block. I wasn’t going to stitch the square border around each one but I think it might make it look nicer to do it so we will see if I end up putting it in the next time I work on this.
My first full coverage piece! I barely made a start on it because I was experimenting with whether I wanted to stitch 2 over 2, 1 over 2 or 1 over 1 and I ultimately decided I liked 1 over 1 the best on this 28ct Cashel linen.
I completely frogged out the bat that I had started on the left because I was using a thicker dmc floss and I wasn’t liking how it was stitching up. I’m happy that I have made it over to the witch and I hope next time I work on this to also make a start on the house.
This was another new start this month. I want to stitch pretty much everything in this magazine so I plan to go through this magazine in order until I have stitched everything. You can’t see it too well in this picture but I’m stitching the tiny broomstick brigade pattern towards the bottom of the cover. This is also the first time I’m stitching on 36ct and I caught on a lot faster to working with it then I thought I would so I’m pretty pleased with myself.
I love this blanket so much and I’m so proud of how it is turning out. I might have to place another yarn order for the current color that I am on but I’m going to wait until I get to the end of my ball and then measure it to see how much more I need. This blanket is huge and pretty much everyone in my family wants their own so as soon as I finish this one I will be casting on another one for my niece. This is my current morning stitch until it is finished (or I’m waiting for yarn to work on it) so I will finish this next month.
My second full coverage! I’m stitching this with 2 threads on 18ct easy grid Aida. I realized that we had an old kindle fire that my youngest was previously using as a tablet before he got his iPad and so I asked my husband to put pattern keeper on it and it was a lot of fun stitching with it. It is pretty similar to the Silk app which is an IOS app and I wish they could just make the both of them cross compatible. This project was added to my wheel for my July new start and it finally came up this week!
This was my new start yesterday and he is so small that I am confident that I can have him done by Thanksgiving. Which might give me the motivation I need to spend a day or weekend fully finishing some pieces.
This is my project for today so the only new progress I have made so far is the white in the cow. I plan on finishing my audiobook tonight and working on this.
Some notes: The Oslo hat that I was knitting for my husband got completely frogged and I have bought new yarn to make him a Buffalo Bills inspired beanie. I also have a few Bills patches saved on Etsy that I will be buying to put on the hat when it’s done. I’m also knitting on a Christmas present for my mom and she sometimes reads my blog so I won’t be sharing it to keep it a surprise. I will share my new August cross stitch and diamond painting starts next week.